Saturday, June 14, 2008

In loving memory

It is with great sadness that I tell you that my grandmother passed away. I have wanted to write and post this entry for several days but have just not had it in me. Even now I am writing to save as a draft and make sure it is a fitting tribute to her. (Okay this is my third and final attempt). J.C. Trice or Mamaw, as we called her, passed away on June 10th, 2008. She was born December 13, 1916. She was one of eleven children, she is survived by one brother. She married Papaw (Granville Trice)on January 19, 1939. He preceded her in death February 4th, 1987. One son also preceded her in death a few years ago. She is survived by my dad and mom, his brother and wife, ten grandchildren, nineteen great grandchildren, and four great great grandchildren. She was a neat person. She loved wrestling. Loved it!! She loved sweets and candy and made great cakes, pies and candy. She did beautiful embroidery dish towels. She would fuss at my mom for saving them and not using them. She helped me make my own sock monkey two summers ago. She would pick on the kids telling them she was gonna pick the bone out of their leg. And we took two all girls trips to the lake within the last eight years that were memorable for sure. I have her old Sun Beam turquoise colored mixer on top of my refrigerator. I saw sugar waffers at the grocery store yesterday and bought them. She always had those and jelly beans and circus peanuts. And I found her hand written Mississippi Mud Cake recipe and bought all of the ingredients to make it. I miss her. I am glad she is in heaven, no more pain, nor more missing Papaw. But I do miss her very much. Here are some treasured pictures I took within the last year.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post, Tiffany! I know you miss your Mamaw. But I also rejoice with you that she is now at the feet of our Jesus. I'm so proud of you for taking the time to make treasured memories with her, for yourself and the kids. Enjoy the cake!!