Here are some photos from last week. I was thinking about this blog entry as I drove home from work this afternoon. I certainly do not mean to be dramatic about this but up until last Thursday (September 11th) we thought we were in Ike's path. We look at the destruction of Hurricane Ike and it is unbelievable. We listen to KSBJ out of Houston and it is so weird to here them listing schools that are closed indefinitely or POD locations where people can pick up water, ice and food. Or places where there is gas or no lines for gas. Alot of people have lost everything, alot of people have lots of damage, some people have a little damage. We are very thankful that Ike did not do to us what we thought it was going to do, but we always (in the two years we have lived here) have NEVER prayed that it would turn and "go somewhere else". We have prayed that it would break apart and go away altogether. I cannot explain Ike. It hit people who are strong good Christians and good people. It hit sinners alike. It was not punishment from God. It just was. I do believe good will come of it. But it is really hard for lots of people. It might be easier to put it out of your mind the further away you live. But being that we do listen to that Christian radio station daily, and due to Houston's close proximity we are reminded several times a day of what happened. That could have been us, our family, our house, our electricity. PLEASE PRAY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE REBUILDING AND RECOVERING FORM HURRICANE IKE!! As we boarded up our house, looked at our neighborhood, looked at our church, went through our house trying to pack what we considered the most valuable, I wondered to myself, "What will this all look like when we return home?" It was so surreal. I felt so sorry for Brooklin who had just celebrated her birthday and wondered if we could take her presents. I told her that we couldn't pack everything. That was hard. I was thankful as we knew before we returned from Kerrville that nothing had occurred in Victoria. We came back to everything the same as we left it, we just needed to un-board our house. Thank you Jesus. But I must end this post on a light note-I did decide that when the next time comes for us to move-we don't need a u-haul. Everything we considered valuable fit in our van. We could just get rid of the rest:)
Supplies

Hard at work

Boarded up


Packed up

Everything we needed

Our neighborhood

Our church
No comments:
Post a Comment